INTRODUCING MadCap Doc-To-Help 4
The Most Efficient Solution for Authoring and Publishing
Policy and Procedure Guides, Online Help, eBooks, and
more Using Microsoft® Word
New Dynamic Add-In Modes: “Basic”, “Full” and “No Features” for Templates
Creating and editing content is easier than ever with all-new dynamic add-in modes, which automatically adjusts the Doc-To-Help ribbon based on the functionality needed for the type of document.
- Basic: This mode is used when the document is not included in any Doc-To-Help project, the add-in is disabled, or the add-in cannot find the Doc-To-Help project associated with the document. This mode is also used for final output.
- Full: This mode is used for all documents included in a Doc-To-Help project.
- No Features: This mode is used for templates; new, unsaved documents; and documents with an unsupported format.
Generate Multiple Builds and More Directly from
With three new panels – Build, Progress, and Project – users can access features directly in Word without having to switch back and forth between Word and Doc-To-Help.
- Build Panel: Allows you to build, rebuild, view or cancel builds, as well as view build errors and a build log.
- Progress Panel: Provides a display of the build status messages and build progress percentages.
- Project Panel: Allows access to some of Doc-To-Help’s most frequently used functions.
All-new Templates for Creating Content Out-of-the-Box
New templates have been added to Doc-To-Help, making it easier to create common document types such as policies and procedures.
- Policies and Procedures Templates
- Macro-Free Templates
- Source Template Updates
New Themes and Stylesheets
Take advantage of three new project themes – Accordion Logo, Tab Logo, and Responsive Logo – for easy project creation. New stylesheets have been added to compliment the new themes.
Plus: Dozens of Usability Enhancements and Other Improvements
A number of critical bug fixes and updates for improved performance.